VEGAN MEDITERRANEAN PESTO PIZZA (GF)
I've been experimenting with removing gluten from my diet over the last month, on the recommendation of a naturopath… otherwise I probably wouldn't have considered it. I love bread too much! It's been rough… but it's getting easier.
I've discovered a couple of store bought GF breads that I like, but I haven't been able to find a GF flour blend that doesn't leave me eyeing my whole wheat flour and longing for gluten packed baked goods. I did find an AMAZING cookie recipe on ohsheglows.com that uses oat flour. If you love cookies and chocolate, try this recipe! You'll thank me. Every recipe I've ever made from her site has been delicious!
I make pizza at least once every week and I was really nervous about finding a GF crust that doesn't taste like cardboard. Luckily I found a great one on the first try! Bob's Red Mill GF Pizza Crust Mix is great! And super easy to make.
This is my latest pizza combo, and current favorite. Vegan & gluten free… Mediterranean Pesto Pizza! Artichoke, Roma tomato, black olive, red onion, spinach, and herbs piled high on a base of flavorful basil/spinach pesto. Yum!
- 1 Pkg. - Bob's Red Mill GF Pizza Crust Mix - or your favorite GF Pizza Crust (I prepared my crust on a rectangular cookie sheet)
- Basil/Spinach Pesto (from this recipe)
- 1 - 14.5 oz can - Artichoke Quarters packed in water
- 1 - Red Onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 - 2.25 oz can Sliced Black Olives (or whichever olives you prefer)
- 2 medium - Roma Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup - coarsely chopped Spinach
- Fine Sea Salt & Fresh Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- sprinkling of Dried Oregano
- sprinkling of Dried Thyme
- light sprinkling of Paprika
- Preheat your oven and prepare your pizza crust according to package or recipe instructions, pre bake if necessary
- Prepare pesto (from this recipe), set aside
- Slice and chop remaining veggies
- Spread a generous amount of pesto on your prepped pizza crust
- Follow the pesto with onion slices, then the artichokes, tomatoes, spinach, and finally the olives
- Lightly and evenly sprinkle with Salt and Pepper, then add a sprinkling of the Oregano and Thyme, followed by a light dusting of Paprika
- Bake your pizza according to the crust instructions. When I use the Bob's Red Mill GF crust it takes about 15 mins.
Don't forget to try the ohsheglows.com cookie recipe!