I've had this veggie sandwich for lunch every day for the past week. It's not often that I can eat the same thing over and over again. It's just that good.
Do you have a favorite plant-based sandwich? Feel free to share in the comments section below!
- Organic Whole Wheat or Whole Grain Bread (I use Dave's Killer Blues Bread)
- Veganaise (Soy-free)
- Stone Ground Mustard
- Kosher Dill Pickle Slices or Chips
- 1 Avocado - thinly sliced
- 1 Cucumber - thinly sliced
- Carrot Shreds or 1 very thinly sliced Carrot
- 1 Roma Tomato - thinly sliced
- Fresh Spinach
- Green Leaf Lettuce
Spread a thin layer of Veganaise on two slices of bread, and add stone ground mustard on one of the slices, or both if you really enjoy mustard.
Place 4-6 slices of Avocado on top of the layer of mustard. Top the avocado with 4-6 cucumber slices, then a small handful of carrot shreds. Next add 4 slices of roma tomato, then the pickles. Finish it off with a handful of spinach and a large leaf of lettuce, and top it with the second piece of bread. Enjoy!
Tip: This sandwich is also great with a layer of hummus! Play around with the toppings and create your own favorite veggie sandwich.