SLOW COOKER LENTIL & QUINOA TACOS
I decided on Slow Cooker Lentil & Quinoa Tacos! A new favorite for Chad (husband) and me. I love this recipe because it's easy, delicious, and filling. You dump everything in the crock pot and walk away until it's time to eat! That's it… with the exception of washing and chopping up whatever veggies you'd like as toppings.
As for assembling the tacos… this taco filling is amazing in a corn tortilla or shell, topped with lettuce, tomato, black olive, and lime drenched avocado! The lime and avocado really puts the flavors over the top. I chop up a whole medium avocado and squeeze half of a lime over the pieces. Yum!
Don't be afraid to double the recipe. They're just as good the 2nd day as the 1st.
- 1/4 cup Brown Lentils
- 1/4 cup Beluga Lentils (or more Brown if you can't find Beluga)
- 1/4 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup of your favorite Salsa
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Fine Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 6-8 Corn Tortillas
- TOPPINGS: Green Leaf Lettuce, Tomato, Black Olive, Avocado, Lime
- Rinse and drain the lentils and quinoa in a fine mesh strainer. Put the lentils, quinoa, and all remaining ingredients, except salt & pepper, in a 1 1/2 - 2 quart slow cooker. Give it a quick stir and then put the lid into place. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
- Before serving add salt and pepper to taste, and adjust seasonings to taste if needed.
- Serve in corn tortillas or shells topped with lettuce, tomato, black olive, and lime drenched avocado. Enjoy!