VEGAN GREEN CURRY STIR-FRY
For this recipe I used Thai & True brand Green Curry Paste that I found at Whole Foods. I wanted this dish to be on the lighter side... flavorful, but not completely drenched in a rich curry sauce. This is a recipe I can make often and it doesn't leave me feeling guilty, even though I use full fat coconut milk. The veggies are cooked for a short amount of time and retain just the right amount of bite and vibrant color, which also means they're retaining more of their nutrients. What's the point of eating veggies if their color and nutrients have all been cooked out? Don't overcook your veggies, put that goodness in you!
Another plus, it comes together quickly and only uses a few dishes! I've added this recipe to my weeknight rotation.
On to the good stuff…
- 1-2 tsp Red Palm Oil (or high heat oil of your choice)
- 1 Yellow Onion - halved, then sliced into 1/4"-1/2" strips
- 2 cloves of Garlic - minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - sliced into 1/4"-1/2" strips
- 1 Green Bell Pepper - sliced into 1/4"-1/2" strips
- 4 Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head of Broccoli - chopped into bite-size florets
- 1/2-3/4 a cup - raw, unsalted Whole Cashews
- 1 - 14 oz can - Pineapple Chunks
- 1 - 14 oz can - Unsweetened Organic Coconut Milk (I like Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1 heaping Tbsp Green Curry Paste (Thai & True brand is great!)
- A pinch of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Short Grain Brown Rice (follow package instructions for 4 servings)
- Heat Oil in a wok or large, deep sauté pan on medium-high heat
- Add the Peppers, Onion, Broccoli, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often
- Add the Garlic and Mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring often
- Add the Green Curry Paste, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, and Coconut Milk and stir until the paste is dissolved in the milk. Don't let the coconut milk come to a full boil, lower heat if necessary.
- Add the Pineapple Chunks and Cashews, cook for 2-5 more minutes or until heated through
- Salt & Pepper to taste, if necessary
- Serve over Brown Rice
Makes 4 generous servings!