VEGAN // PEANUT BUTTER
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
I built off of my basic Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe for these. It did take me two attempts though. The first time I reduced the coconut oil too much and it left me with a dry crumbly dough. I wasn't thinking and tried to add a little more oil after the dough was mostly mixed… what a mess. Don't make this mistake! In the end the cookies tasted alright, but the texture was off.
The second attempt worked out perfectly, and I figured out just the right amount of oil to use. The dough may seem a little dry at first, but as you continue to mix the dry into the wet and fold in the chocolate chips, the oil redistributes and you end up with a nice moist cookie dough. The end result is a soft and chewy PB Chocolate Chip cookie, which is my favorite! I'm not a big fan of crunchy cookies.
- 1/2 cup - Peanut Butter (Unsalted, No Sugar Added) - Creamy or Crunchy, your choice! I like Crunchy :)
- 1 cup - Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/2 cup - Coconut Oil - Melted on low-heat in a saucepan
- 1 tsp - Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Flax Eggs (2 tbsp of Ground Flax Meal, mixed with 6 tbsp of Warm Water)
- 2 cups - Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp - Fine Sea Salt (use less if your PB is salted)
- 1 tsp - Baking Soda (Aluminum Free if possible)
- 1/8 tsp - Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup - Semi-Sweet Cacao Chips, or your favorite non-dairy Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking spray or coconut oil
- In a small bowl combine 2 tbsp of Ground Flax Meal and 6 tbsp of Warm Water to prepare you flax eggs. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt 1/2 cup of Coconut Oil on low-heat
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and creme with a hand mixer
- In a medium mixing bowl sift/combine all the dry ingredients
- Pour half of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined
- Scrape the sides to the bowl and pour the remaining half of the dry ingredients into the wet, mix until combined
- Fold in the Chocolate Chips!
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out small mounds and smooth into dough balls in your hands, place the dough balls on your cookie sheet in three staggered rows. Gently flatten each dough ball into 1/2" thick cookie rounds.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes
- Allow to cool, then enjoy!
Makes 12-16 Cookies - Store in an airtight container