After eating these Chad (my hubby) suggested making a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie, so I'm thinking that cookie is next in line...
- 1 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 2 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil (melted on low-heat)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Flax Eggs (2 tbsp of ground flax meal, mixed with 6 tbsp of warm water)
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 cup Semisweet Organic Cacao Chips or your favorite non-dairy chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit, and line a cooking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tbsp of Flax with 6 tbsp of warm water for the Flax Eggs. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt 3/4 cup of Coconut Oil on low-heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream all of the wet ingredients. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl sift/combine all the dry ingredients.
- Pour half of the dry mixture into the wet and mix until just combined, repeat with the remaining dry ingredients.
- Fold in the Chocolate Chips!
- Scoop 6 spoonfuls of dough onto the cooking sheet and lightly flatten with the spoon or your fingers.
- Bake for 8-10 mins. Enjoy! Makes 12-15 big cookies.
Tip: Allow the cookies to cool completely before storing! You can never add too many chocolate chips :)