VEGAN PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
These cookies don't last very long in my house!
- 1 cup - Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/2 cup - Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 cup - Pumpkin Puree (not canned Pumpkin Pie mix)
- 1 tsp - Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups - Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 tsp - Baking Powder
- 1 tsp - Baking Soda
- 2 tsp - Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/8 tsp - Fine Sea Salt
- 3/4 - 1 cup of Chocolate Chips
GF Option: For a Gluten free version, a friend of mine used the combination of 1 cup Almond flour and 1 cup Quinoa flour. She said they turned out great! Thanks, Kristin! :)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet with cooking spray or parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl cream the wet ingredients with a hand mixer
- In a medium size mixing bowl sift all of the dry ingredients together (except the chocolate chips). You can use a fork to combine ingredients if you don't have a sieve
- Pour half of the dry ingredients into the wet and mix, then add the remaining dry ingredients and mix again until just combined
- Fold in Chocolate Chips
- Use a spoon to form desired cookies size mounds on your cookie sheet. Slightly press out each mound with a spoon or finger (Cookie dough will be very sticky)
- Bake for 13-15 mins
- Cool and enjoy with a glass of cider!
Makes 16-20 cookies, depending on how big you make them
Tip: Check with a toothpick after 13 mins if you are unsure. If it comes out clean they're done! 13 mins is usually just right for my oven.